Yesterday (Friday the 13th) Greg Friese and I challenged the EMS blogging community to participate in the “Celebrity Medic” series and do a write-up on what Tim Tebow would be like as a paramedic. I never imagined that we would get the response that we did. I got some really good laughs reading everyone’s take on the subject.
So why did we pick Tim Tebow? Well, it was Greg’s idea, really. Tim Tebow has received a lot of attention from the media and we thought it would be a good way to get everyone involved. To be honest, I don’t follow football like I used to, and I’m not much of a Broncos fan. I grew up going to 49ers games with my father and watching Joe Montana on TV, so needless to say I still consider them my team.
All of the Tebow write-ups were great, and in case you missed any of them, here is the lineup:
- Greg Friese wrote up a couple scenarios of “Paramedic Tebow” interacting with ER Docs, putting on training sessions and quickly climbing the ropes of the management ladder. Check out his version at “Everyday EMS Tips” HERE.
- Kelly Grayson pointed out that “Paramedic Tebow” would lead his peers in the amount of code-saves, but also pointed out that many of those “codes” could have been prevented by proper assessments and treatment to prevent patient’s from deteriorating to that point. In the end he concluded that Paramedic Tebow would recognize this and would strive to make himself be the best paramedic he can. Check out his version at “The Day in the Life of an Ambulance Driver” HERE.
- The Happy Medic concluded that “Paramedic Tebow” wouldn’t last long in the field. He mentions that Tim would most likely not be much help on scene, but would be there to put the finishing touches on treatment and take the credit for it. You can read his article at “The Happy Medic Blog” HERE.
- Captain Chair Confessions has a hilarious write-up pointing out several facts about “Paramedic Tebow”. He covers everything from scene times to not being able to work anything but a Baptist organization. Check out his article at “Captain Chair Confessions” HERE.
- Dave “The Social Medic” pointed out that “Paramedic Tebow” would be dispatched by doing “huddles” and would have all of his coworkers carry all of his gear and the patients for him. He also made some pretty big predictions for the Super Bowl. Check out his write-up at “The Social Medic Blog” HERE.